The Road to One-derland!!!

Friday, January 21, 2011

One thing I've noticed this week....

I was a late-night snacker....BIG TIME.  I always knew that I liked my treats....sweet then savory then more sweet....probably equating to another meal.  All this occurring when I should have been in BED.  This week, that has ended.  I'm no longer eating after 9.  It's difficult.  I know what's in that pantry over there....but I won't open the door.  I can't.  I know if I do, I'll make excuses for why I can have this, that or the other thing.  I honestly think I can attribute at least 25 lbs of my excess weight to eating late at night.  UGH!   This week, I've rattled  things up a bit.  After the boys go to bed I get in my exercise.  Then the rest of the night is my own.  Ideally, I would like to exercise, shower, watch something, then go read in bed for a while.  How long is it going to take for me to get this hammered out???

I'm looking forward to a nice weekend with the family.  I'll need to do some meal planning so I have foods I like on hand to make nice dinners for me and the boys.  This week's soup was great.  Maybe I'll make another batch of soup next week. 

So far my little changes are easy for me....breakfast, water consumption, exercise.  I feel good, have energy and it's all do-able for me.  YES!!!

4 comments:

  1. I have to agree with you on the late night snacking! Perhaps there are 0 or low calorie snacks you could have at night? Good job on the water consumption too, that helps keep you from being fatigued (so I read). I got the DVD but have not done it yet. Will start that next week. Night time here is all about homework right now and unlike you I am not a late owl, I like to be in bed by 10 if at all possible. :) I am SO proud of you for keeping up the exercise! Does it make you feel tired at all to exercise at night then a hot shower? That sounds like the making for a wonderful sleep! Keep up the good work girl! Yes, plan you meals and snacks so you are not caught off guard. Take snacks with you when you and the boy(s) might be running errands so you have that little pick you up to keep you from going off plan. GO GIRL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reminder. Def need to get some snacks in the car or my bag. I usually keep almonds or a few triscuits somewhere handy. LOL I don't really feel tired after working out and showering. I am trying to wind down and just get to bed. I wonder if I went to bed at an earlier time if I'd be able to work out in the a.m. I'd really only need to get up like 30 min earlier. Even if I could just ride the bike for like 15 min to get things pumpin. We shall see. It's been a fantasy of mine to get up early and exercise, but that's not all that practical when I'm going to bed after 1. A girl's gotta sleep sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how you are able to stay up that late. Do you get a nap perhaps? If so maybe let that go? Just an idea. I've heard a lot of people say exercise is a great way to start your day, that might be something worth trying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always been a night owl. Stayed up late when I was a kid watching Letterman during school breaks, much to my mom's dismay. LOL I know sometimes I do keep myself up past being tired. I'm always always always saying I want to go to bed earlier. It's like a running joke. LOL

    ReplyDelete