The Road to One-derland!!!

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

"That was EASY"

First week under my belt...and as they say at Staples, "that was easy!"  (the boys just love that dang button, thanks Aunt J!) Had a great week if I do say so myself.  While I'm not officially doing any sort of plan, I still weighed myself.  Yes, I am a slave to the scale and know that can be dangerous.  I am happy to say, I'm down over 5.5 lbs!!! (gotta love digital!)   YES! 

While I say it has been EASY, it really has been about making good choices for myself and sticking to the changes I want to make for my life. I am motivated and want to make this happen.   I have gotten some sort of intentional exercise every day. WOW  I swear I feel the burn in my legs each time I go up/down the stairs in my house.  I have not had a nibble after 9pm.  SERIOUSLY!!!?!?!?  Wow !!!  One thing I've noticed, even though I'm keeping the same late hours (one change I haven't been able to totally make), I've not felt the need to nap much in the afternoons.  This can probably be attributed to a variety of things....exercise, eating better, and staying hydrated.  Anyway, I love it. 

I went through my closet a bit this weekend as I needed to free up some hangers.  I pulled down several items that no longer fit and that I hadn't worn in a while.  I'm not parting with them.  I'm going to put them away for short term keeping.  I'm hoping they will soon fit and I can enjoy them again.  It's a good thing they are spring/summery clothes.  :)  I look forward to seeing them again. 

4 comments:

  1. WOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! 5.5 pounds is freakin AWESOME!! You are doing really good Becky! I still say being a home mom with little ones is enough exercise in itself, wouldn't you agree? Proud of you for not eating after 9pm too, just shows how committed you are, and that is how you will lose weight! Keep up the good work momma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kim! It has been the most challenging to keep myself from snacking. But I have this week-long streak going, why ruin it now? Plus it gives me time to just fill up on water. :)

    I would think staying home with kids would be enough, but it hasn't been. I will say yesterday's PTing attempt kept me on my toes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is AMAZING!! Good for you!! Ah, this made me smile. I have seriously thought about you every time this week that I go to raid the fridge at 1am. And although I'd be lying if I said I passed *every* time, I was inspired to eat a bowl of Special K, rather than a bag of Hershey Kisses. ;) You inspire me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Steph! So awesome that you made a better choice for yourself when wanting a midnight snacky. :) Good for you! And thanks for thinking of me.

    ReplyDelete