The Road to One-derland!!!

Monday, February 28, 2011

Gains make me GROUCHY

Since I didn't weigh in yesterday, today was the day.  Well, I had a 1 lb gain.  ARRRRGGHHHH!!!! (and 1.6 lbs for two weeks in a row of gains). Of course I'm not happy about it, but know I need to look at the possible reasons.  Why was last week different?

  • I know for a fact there were some days I did not get all my water in.  Two days in particular, I'd actually had a diet soda, which I don't usually have
  • I have had some foods higher in sodium
  • In past weeks, I had eaten veggie rich soups....not so much last week
  • I haven't "gone" in 3 days.
  • AF is coming
  • I didn't track all my BLTs (bites, licks, tastes) .  I honestly doubt I went over my points (activity, extra weekly), but if you quit tracking you can easily get complacent.
  • I didn't eat many salads last week
That's a pretty lengthy list.  Some things I obviously cannot change, but other things I can.  It's going to be a busy week this week, so I need to make sure I've got a plan for each day.    I will do my darnedest to get a nice loss this week. 

8 comments:

  1. More water will help in the "go" department and AF causes bloating ahead of her grand entrance so chalk it up to that. I can RELATE to a gain and wondering what the hell...but you know what? Where there is a gain soon will follow a loss. Stick to plan. Drink the water, as much as you can. I haven't eaten many salads lately either, but I think so long as you get some sort of veggie in that is ok. Hang in there girl, you are doing good. This is the time in your life where even though you gain, you know its not about breaking plan and binging, that is something we did in the past..This is the new you, the one that cares about yourself and being here for your family. Know that where there is good there is also sometimes bad and know you can deal with that because you are a strong woman. I for one am so very proud of you and what you have accomplished in such a short time. Take a look in your closet, those smaller clothes are begging you to be worn. And lastly, smile, this is life and life goes on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kim! I know there are ups and downs. But man I hate to see two "ups" in consecutive weeks. I'm going out to get some ZERO POINT soup fixings to enjoy the next couple of days and get things "moving". I'm fully committed to this....and my Hammer shirt. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't forget the Hammer shirt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...or better yet, the damn SHS P.E clothes my mom sent down to me last year. They are size MEDIUM shoot, I didn't know I was a MEDIUM in high school.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! How cool is that to still have them?! Yeah, we all thought we were fat in HS, what the hell did we know right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you for owning up to things you can do better. I hear you about "going." I was having a problem with that too and upped my water intake and it was like an overnight miracle. Literally :)
    I only lost .2 pounds last week and was so discouraged after the weigh in that I came home and cried. Luckily, Steve was there to point out that a loss is a loss and as your friend Kimberly pointed out, if we are in it for the long haul then it is more about what the scale says. At least, that is what i keep telling myself. But I am still pretty irritated ;) Could be PMS, though

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Cate! I hate sitting on a gain for the week and waiting for redemption. I'm sure you've already gotten rid of that measly .2
    When are you weighing in?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I weigh every Saturday morning.

    ReplyDelete