The Road to One-derland!!!

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I'ma Weight Watcher!!!

I did it, I signed up yesterday!!!  Today is my first official day, although I did enter my food into the online tracker for yesterday. 

I am a lifetime member....not in the official WW use of the term, but in the whole....I've been a member for most of my lifetime.  LOL  I first joined Halloween of 1990.  Yes, over 20 years ago.  While I haven't been a member the whole entire time, I have joined probably 10 times over the course of those 20 years.  I think it's a great plan that encourages healthy, balanced eating and regular exercise.  That's precisely what I'm wanting.  The program has changed since I last did it....but I can't tell how.  LOL I'll have to snoop around on the site more and see what I'm missing.  I love, love, love that fruits and veggies are unlimited.  How it should be!!!

It was a bit startling to see what my goal weight range is:  125-155  !!! Yikes,  that's a long waaaaay down the scale for me.  I can't think of that though.  My first goal is 10% of my starting weight.  .  My 10% goal is over 25 lbs, so not only will that be a big WW goal for me, it will also be a big, noticeable loss.  I can't wait! 

Oh and in case you're wondering....I've exercised EVERY DAY for the past two weeks, sometimes twice in one day.  My legs and arms feel firmer.   I'm looking forward to looser jeans,  YAHOOO!!!! 

6 comments:

  1. I want to hear about the new WW! When I get down to a much lower number I may want to switch plans. I think that is awesome that both fruits and veggies are pointless. I think the goal there is to encourage people to eat more of them. Proud of you for the exercise!!!! I have yet to do the WATP..I watched it from the couch and thought hmmm..dunno.. Anyway, please share more about WW when you have time as in points and how it has changed. I heard someone the other day suggesting it is a more carb reduced plan this time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exercised for two weeks straight?? WHOA! I am so proud of you for that! I know it is hard to stay motivated, and you have done such an awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, I think they futzed with how you calc points. I need to find out more info as I dug out my old slide point calculator and perhaps it's no longer accurate. Hmmmm. I'll let you know what I find out. I heard it was more "good carb" friendly.

    Thanks Steph! I treat it as my time and an appt with myself. It's only 30-ish minutes. I waste that much time playing bejeweled blitz. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bex,

    Just wanted to pop in and wish you luck! I think the exercise is GREAT.. I need to get myself in gear as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have not posted in a while! Are you doing ok? I keep coming in every day hoping you have a new post! Hope you are well on your way hon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to get back. It was my son's birthday on Saturday, so we had a kid party and some family fun. I haven't had the brain cells to blog. Thanks for checking!!!

    ReplyDelete