The Road to One-derland!!!

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

So many temptations....

So sorry for not blogging in nearly a week.  Last week was busy-busy.  My oldest son's birthday was on Saturday.  This meant pulling together his party for Friday night as well as treats for his class on Friday, errands, shopping, cleaning.  You know what this means....lots of TREATS!!!   A wanted me to bake cookies for his class treat.  I love, love, love the chocolate chip cookies that I make and so does he. So that was what I made.  I happily can say I ate no dough and none of the cookies.  As a matter of fact, there are still a few in the cookie jar.  For his friend party at our home, I made cupcakes....lots of them.  Welp, I didn't eat one.  YES!!!  Sweets are just my downfall, once I start I just can't stop.  So I have to say I am more than a little tickled with my restraint.  :) 

We did have other party food around....namely tons of pizza.  You know what?  I ate it....I wrote it down ....I counted the points.  It was delicious and I stayed within the proper points range.  I did not feel like I was going without.  I also enjoyed some Swedish Fish......I wrote it down, counted the points, and loved them.  I think it's easy to try and hide what one would think was a "bad" choice.....but then you'd probably have the tendency to over eat other foods or continue into a full-on binge.  I love that I can have what I want, but need to own the choice. 

Today marks my third week of healthier living and of the my first week on Weight Watchers.  I actually have my weigh in day as Sunday (even though I didn't start tracking points til Tuesday).  Since this all began 3 short weeks ago, I have lost 13.4 lbs.  Woohoo!!!  I have also exercised every day but one (a busy party prep baking day).  I'm loving  the daily challenge and feel great. 

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you for not caving with the cookies and cupcakes, that does take some serious restraint! And CONGRATS on 13.4 pounds Bex, that is fricken AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete