The Road to One-derland!!!

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Inspiration at the right time....

Okay, so I've realized twice now that fun, not typical weekends can really throw a wrench in my WW program.  Sure I have the weekly extra points to use, but the end of the week right before weigh in is not a good idea.  Soooo, I had a gain this week.  I was up 1.8.  UGH!  It's hard to not get down about it and have it ruin the start of a new week.  Weekends are hard for me....especially if I get to go on a rare date with my hubby....and especially if my mom comes to visit and we have pizza and fro-yo.  I know ups and downs are a part of weight loss, but gains are so discouraging. 

So while I was kicking rocks and upset with myself, I came across some new pics of an old friend of mine.  I remembered she'd lost weight successfully on WW and had begun running.  Well, Sunday, she completed her 2nd marathon.  WOW!  So Amazing to see this fit, healthy woman do something that just a few years ago she never thought would happen.  She looks amazing, feels amazing and has a totally different outlook on life.  I messaged her today to ask her some questions about the early days of her WW program....when did she start exercising? when did she start running?  I have tried to run before (attempted the Couch to 5k program last year) and think I'm just too heavy for it.  My feet, shins and knees just couldn't hold up.  But....I do think I would like to start running as more weight comes off.   I would love to run in an organized race.  It's on my Health and Fitness Bucket List.  :)   So now, I've got her exercise in my back pocket to refer to as guidance.  I feel like I'm going a bit willy-nilly just doing what I want or can squeeze in.  I want more of a plan/schedule. 

My goal this week is to increase my exercise.  I'd like to try doing two workouts a day a few days a week.  Today was a crazy-busy-hectic day, so I just got in my 30 min. but hopefully I can get in a stat bike ride during the day, then do a workout dvd in the evening.  I love that I'm getting a nice collection so I have some variety.

A special thank you to those who asked how I was doing since I didn't post in nearly a week.  I really appreciate it. 

2 comments:

  1. Yay! A pleasant surprise to wake up and see you have posted! Couch to 5k? Yikes! Be careful.

    You are doing great Becky. Ups and downs are all a part of weight loss. I wish I had YOUR workout motivation! Hang in there friend, the best is yet to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm noooo where near ready for that program. While it is gradual, from past experience, I think it's too much for me right now. Perhaps after say 50 lbs down. I will work on ramping up workouts as losses happen and I get more fit.

    Thanks for the cheers. I guess what they say is correct....it takes weeks to get a habit going. Exercise is a habit for me. I also don't want to feel guilty about not doing something. lol

    ReplyDelete