The Road to One-derland!!!

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A New workout

Yes, another new post tonight...aren't you excited?
I nosed around on NETFLIX the other night and found some Leslie Sansone walking workouts that I hadn't tried before.  Most of my other walking workouts are on VHS, so some on dvd would be handy.  I tried this one...  Leslie Sansone Walk at Home 3 mile walk .  It was a great workout for me.  I hadn't done a 3 mile walk dvd since working out again.  The first mile is a basic Leslie workout with the various walking "moves", during the 2nd mile it incorporates the use of light hand weights FOR THE WHOLE MILE.  The participants used weights that wrapped around the wrist. I used my old skool Leslie Sansone weighted balls.  I might look for something different as I'm not sure how good the ball grasping is for my hands.  I think I have some early arthritis in my thumbs.  :(  Then the 3rd mile was back to the regular walking workout.  My arms were dying, but in a good way. 

All in all, a great workout for me.  I highly recommend surfing through NETFLIX to find something new to try. 

3 comments:

  1. Kudos to you on your awesome commitment to exercise. I have been trying but I feel like my legs are very weak right now. You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weak as it no muscle strength? One thing mentioned in one of the workouts was to make sure you are hydrated before working out. Could that be an issue? Were you able to walk through the zoo okay the other day? Perhaps you can just walk in place while watching a program (20-30 min) to at least get moving. just an idea. Otherwise, perhaps you could find a water aerobics class or do lap-swim. Swimming is so easy on joints.

    I love trying out new workouts. It appears that some of them are to be done day after day for weeks to show results. I guess I should try to do that and see what it does for me. :) I just like to mix things up so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Walking is fine. Some of the moves that require bending my knee a certain way cause pain. Im trying to work through it though. Walking in place is doable for sure.

    ReplyDelete