The Road to One-derland!!!

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Some of my favorite things...

As the day went on today, I got to thinking of some of the things that really get me going these days....

  • getting my new workout bra and loving how secure the girls feel

  • finding a new recipe that not only uses items from my pantry (and LEFTOVERS), but tastes super, is healthy and WW friendly.  SCORE!!!

  • hubby coming home from costco with three ginormous cartons of berries...blue, rasp, and black varities!!   I am loving them for a snack, with s/f pudding, or as we had tonight, a side with dinner.  Love, love, love fresh berries.

  • finding my upcoming 25 pound weight loss reward on GROUPON for half price.  I wanted a massage, now I'm able to get a massage AND a facial for like $65.  Two hours for me....just me. 

  • my now ill-fitting clothes....saggy bottoms, pants that come off without unfastening. Thrilled over here!!!!

  • And lastly....seeing a loss of  2.8 this week!!!!   I'm stoked after two weeks of damn gains!!! 
This brings my total to 17.2 lbs lost since my focus on healthy living began Jan 17th and 12.2 lbs lost thanks to WW as of Feb 1)

YaHOOOOOOO!!!!!!

11 comments:

  1. WOOHOO!!! You are rocking it! Is that the Last Resort bra that I recommended? Isn't it awesome?! You totally can't breath in it, but you also don't move at all! And please share the recipe, I am always at a loss as to what to do for dinners lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS!!!!
    yes it was that bra...and yes I cannot breath, but it's gonna be great! I wore it on a short stat bike ride and then almost wore it to bed, but it was a bit uh...uhbearable. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay so I found this on the WW site searching for soup. I love soup and I think having a good soup on hand keeps me on program.

    Mexican Green Chili

    1 ½ pounds lean top round, cut into 1 inch pieces
    1 (16 ounce) jar tomatillo salsa (green salsa) (mild is advised)
    1 (15 ounce) can Mexican style stewed tomatoes
    1 (15 ounce) can fat-free beef broth
    2 (4.5 ounce) cans chopped green chiles
    1 cup chopped onion
    2 teaspoons ground cumin
    1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
    2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
    2 teaspoons chili oil

    Combine all ingredients in an electric slow-cooker. Stir well. Cover. Cook on low heat setting for 8 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. now a few changes....
    I only used 14 oz of meat (leftover london broil)

    I also added red and yellow bell peppers which I sauteed with the onion before putting in the crockpot

    I also added two cans of pintos....more fiber and more satisfying.

    Basically only points for beans and meat. And, with the added beans, it's 10+ 1-cup servings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOO HOOO go Becky!!!!!! I am so proud of you!!!!!! That is an excellent loss. Sounds like you are ready for the next smaller size in clothes! Keep up the good work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is the point range on your chili?

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are doing so AWESOME!!! Love it, keep it up, friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Friends!
    Kim, with the changes I made, it was around 3 pts for 1 cup of soup. Run it thru the recipe builder online. I figured my add'l two cans of beans and the peppers added a serving to the 9 indicated on the recipe (probably more). I also used considerably less meat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!!
    I am excited about your two hour beauty reward! What a deal too.. here in Orlando that would be a couple hundred dollars *jealous*

    25 pounds! that's so great! OMG.. wow.. ha.. I know I already said it but seriously! WOW!

    I have got to get some exercise going on.. all I am doing is walking. well and a couple of yoga classes.

    LOVE this post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was quite a deal and too good to pass up, that's why I nabbed it early. I still need to go great guns and lose the add'l 7.8 lbs to get to 25.

    ReplyDelete