The Road to One-derland!!!

Friday, August 19, 2011

Last week's weigh in

Okay, so I've been a bit negligent in my updating. So sorry.  Between being gone all weekend, sending my little guy to school, and having some company, I just haven't even thought about blogging.

Well....I lost 4.9 last week.  Whoa, I was stunned.  Yahooo!  Also, had a fab time up at this gorgeous log cabin house with 14 babes from my old bunko group.  I didn't drink a drop of alcohol, took my own snacks, and even my food scale.  I enjoyed the group dinners, but fended for myself at breakfast.  (although the french toast and dutch baby looked delightful).

Tuesday I had a follow up with my Dr.  One month since my diabetes diagnosis....I'd lost 13 lbs and my bp was PERFECT.  She was beyond thrilled.  I told her that I wanted to show her I was serious about this.  It's got to be so frustrating as a Dr to tell patients they need to make more healthful changes in their life and they just go right on living dangerously.  Not me! I'm living each day so I can live or many more days.  It is worth it to me.

So, It's the eve of another weigh in.  Not quite sure how it will be this week.  I"ve eaten out a few times with company and that's more salt then I'm normally used to.   I also notice that I have been less satisfied with my foods these days (read: bottomless pit). Perhaps it has to do with some of the restaurant foods....white rice in sushi and rice noodles at my fave Vietnamese noodle shop??? I know I won't be eating like that very often and it was a treat since my niece was in town...but still good to note.

Here we go....heading into another weigh in....heading into the weekend...heading into a 2+ week road trip for my hubby....heading into Back to School.  Lots going on.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have been very busy! You are doing great Becky, keep it up. So proud of you sista!!!

    ReplyDelete