The Road to One-derland!!!

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

First time waaaay over daily calories and eating out....

Okay, so yesterday I met an old friend for dinner and drinks at Yard House.  I viewed the menu beforehand to get a heads up....basically I learned: do not eat any of the sandwiches or burgers.  LOL  While it has an extensive beer list, I am not a beer drinker.  I ended up with a raspberry cider.  It was delicious.  My friend and I ended up sharing 3 appetizers.  Two were sushi/seafood inspired and the third....dun-dun-dun, fried calamari.  UGH    I love that stuff.  While I didn't count how many I ate, I was really trying to not over-do it.  When I got home it was time to pay the piper.....I had to log my eats on MFP.  I was pleasantly surprised to find Yard House foods in their database.  Have I mentioned lately how much I love that site?  Wow, awesome.  My dinner with drink was over 1k.  <GULP>   Not Awesome!   One saving grace, I had eaten lightly earlier in the day.  After seeing the numbers and knowing that I still NEEDED my snack, (yes, I need it...my Dr wants me to eat something before bed due to diabetes), I headed up for my stat bike workout.  That calorie burn helped with some of the overage, but not all of it.  UGH....but oh well.  This was my first time going over.  I need to give myself a break and use some strategies to help me next time.

Here are some things I could do next time:
1) If I know I am going out in the evening, get a workout in early in the day.  This way, any exercise at night would be an extra burn.
2) skip the alcohol.  I normally wouldn't have had a drink, but felt compelled to due to the company, the restaurant, and just being out for a nice evening.  Next time, I'll stick to iced tea :)
3)  avoid the deep fried calamari  at all costs.....if I partake, keep note of how many pieces I enjoy.

I have some challenges coming up.  My birthday is next week  Yaaaay Me!  My family and I are going out of town.  That means all meals out for TWO full days.  I need to stick to making good choices....the right choices.  Eat like I was at home.  Celebrate with the gorgeous scenery and not with food.  Get some exercise.  Drink plenty of water.  I really want to succeed at this challenge.

3 comments:

  1. Woo hoo for birthday fun!! If anyone can stick with a plan, it is you. You have done amazing by being accountable but more importantly determined. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Nice to hear from you!!

    ReplyDelete