The Road to One-derland!!!

Monday, November 21, 2011

I'm here....really

It's been a rough, tough, busy, stressful couple of weeks.  I guess this marks the beginning of the holiday hub-bub, eh?
Anyway, just wanted to pop in and say I'm still alive and kicking....having challenges with my food DAILY, but still keep exercising.  Thank GOD for that damn bike.  I would have gained back some serious pounds.

A common issue for me lately....not making time for ME.  While I've been exercising, the duration of said workouts have cut back considerably.  On some days I'd been able to get in TWO workouts, well, a.m. free time has been gobbled up with errands and other obligations.  I do not like it, but it's had to be that way.  In reflecting on how I've been spending my time each day, I continue to see time is spent serving others.....my children, husband, friends in need, volunteer opportunities....leaving little time or energy for me.  One of the things I love about being a SAHM is being available for my family and others....but it comes at a cost.  I do for others during the day...then am too frazzled to do for myself by the end of the day.

I cannot be left simmering on the back burner.  I must meet my needs first.  I know it sounds selfish, but I need to do this right now before I back slide.  No one can do this for me.  I HOLD THE KEY to my success.  I keep repeating that mantra....hoping it sticks in my mind before I make a bad choice in my day.

5 comments:

  1. You are an amazing gal. Your dedication to your family, your consistency in your exercise regime, your caring for your friends and so much more. You are on this journey for your life and you are going to hit bumps n the road. Take a minute to regroup and get back up and be stronger than before. Even if it is only 30 minutes, find that solitude just for you. You are so deserving of all the good things life has to offer. I am here for you always my friend. You can and I know you WILL succeed. Love you B!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks hon, I really appreciate your continued support. Yes, this is for life....peaks and valleys will happen. It scares me when I allow myself to give in during the challenges, ya know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do know..all too well.. I was there for a while and had to dig my arse up outta the mud and get on. Life happens B..you are gonna have times like this. Turn it around, get back up and start going. You've come sooooo far!!! Consider it a minor hiatus! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HEY! I just noticed that you are less than 7 pounds from reaching the Christmas challenge!!!! GO BECKY GO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ugh, yes I'm close....seems like a looong shot, but we'll see, right. LOL
    Thanks !!!!

    ReplyDelete