The Road to One-derland!!!

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Stress and emotional eating

So something came up today that was a bit unsettling for me.  I don't want to get into specifics here, but there is no resolution for a few weeks.  My initial feels were of being kicked in the gut.  I wanted to just curl up and sleep the day away....after bawling my eyes out, that would just feel better and take it away, right?  After those feelings past, I had images of a gorge-fest....all you can eat pizza for lunch at a neighborhood pizza place was calling my name.  Or, perhaps, sneaking out to grab a few sushi rolls....usually with some nice, crunchy tempura shrimp running down the middle.  I didn't though. I continued on with my planned lunch....spicy seafood soup.  It was tasty, but I still feel the painful urge to drown my troubles in some cheesy, starchy goodness.

one moment and meal at a time....

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, I am sorry Becky! I had something similar the other day, and unlike you I caved into a big bowl of ice cream. Big props to you for standing your ground. I hope today is much better for you. I am proud of you for not giving in to emotional eating. I'm here for you cheering you along the whole way sista!

    ReplyDelete