The Road to One-derland!!!

Monday, March 26, 2012

New Start Monday!!!

Okay, so I've decided to try something new...and I'm starting today.  A friend was telling me about Paleo/whole30 eating + clean eating.  Basically....you eat meats, veggies, seeds/nuts.....no dairy, no grains, no legumes (sayonara PB), no sugars, no processed junk AT ALL. There are a few different opinions on fruits.  I don't think I can give that up altogether.  I will look for choices that fall lower on the glycemic index.   I've been researching and reading....and decided "what the heck, 30 days....sure I can do anything for 30 days" .  So today's the day.

I've gotten back on my exercise habit and it feels GREAT!  I will be restarting the 30-day SHRED and plan on continuing with the stationary bike.  That combo did not fail me in the past.

Oh and I'm so excited.... S got me my new blender from Costco today.  They had the Ninja in their coupon book.  I haven't seen it yet, but just saw the box. It's a doozey. Soooo, I'm hoping to experiment with some smoothies, soups and stuff.  Woohoo!!!

And for the record, I did not pay for anything to do this.  I know the site I listed wants to charge for downloads, ebooks, etc.  I just used it for info and did further research for me.  Honestly I refuse to pay for something when I can find the information for myself.

6 comments:

  1. Yeah Paleo! I am doing Primal/Paleo...
    So many great blogs out there with recipes and ideas. Glad to know you were turned onto it.

    It really is easy and makes so much sense. I am having a problem with giving up cheese... some people eat it.. most don't consider it Paleo. Several long timers on Mark Sisson's Primal Blueprint blog (Mark's Daily Apple) do eat it though.. especially if it's goat milk's cheese.

    I don't think I will ever really give up dairy. Especially cream in my coffee! I am not convinced cheese is bad for everyone. What do you think?

    Glad to have you on board girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found Mark's Daily Apple and read it a bit. So far, no dairy and minimal fruit. I don't do much dairy anyway, 'cept for cheese....which I looooove to death. Now I'm sick and tired and the last thing I want to do is meal plan. I ate on some cold tri-tip, almonds, and strawberries today. Right now sleep trumps food. Nice to have you as a resource, too. Would love to see what your day's eating looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im anxious to see how you feel on this way of eating. It sounds sort of Atkins. I will be watching to see how it goes..Thinking of changing things up over here too..Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No grains and no legumes? Sounds wonky to me... seriously, no wheat, quinoa, bulgur, spelt? Black beans, chickpeas, kidney beans? Skeptical.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know, I know....we'll see how the month goes. I'm still researching and reading and will figure out what works for me. I could not rid myself of legumes for ever and ever. I'm a bean girl.

    ReplyDelete