The Road to One-derland!!!

Thursday, April 5, 2012

I just did something I was unable to do before....

and I'm stoked!!!  I registered as a bone marrow donor at www.bethematch.org .  I' have been wanting to do this for ages, and well...my weight previously kept me from it.  About two years ago, I went to their site to register.  I went through their online screening and my friggin BMI was too high.  I was sad and mostly EMBARRASSED that I was unable to do this.  Here I am wanting to help someone and my fatness is keeping me from it.  This a.m. it dawned on me....hey maybe I can finally do it?!?!?!?!  So, I tried and I was accepted!  I'm thrilled!!!  Such a meaningful Non-Scale Victory (NSV)

2 comments:

  1. I had no idea you were interested in this, although as the giving person you are I am not surprised. You have come a far way and I have said it time and time again, your determination is phenomenal! Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!!! wouldn't it be awesome if I were a match? They send a kit out to me to take my sample, then I send it back. Very exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete